Congratulations to everyone who participated in SRHacks 2021!
Check out the SRHackoff here!
SRHacks 2021 Winners
- 1st Place: Charlotte To & Edlyn To [Break Time Buddy]
- 2nd Place: Dion Machado [Everyone Needs a Friend]
- 3rd Place: Alvin Pengiparambil [Bit Pet]
- 4th Place: Abbie Li & Matthew Liang [Auto the Robot Friend]
- 5th Place: Jana El-Koraichi & Zara Gascoyne [Otis the Talking Robot]
- 1st Place: Victoria Kwon [The Screen Magnifier]
- 2nd Place: Samir Bhagat [Sanitization Station]
- 3rd Place: Julia Li & Elaine Li [The Third Arm]
- 4th Place: Eknoor Gill & Prabhleen Sandhu [Sanitizer and Mask Away]
- 5th Place: Erin O’Connor [Exercise Box]
How do I get started?
Start by registering with SRHacks. Registrations is open from May 1st – June 27th 2021, however we encourage you to register earlier to fully participate in all our free events!
Once you register, all you got to do is wait for June 6th, 2021! We will release competition details for BOTH our competitions (a) Coding & (b) Engineering!
If there are any questions about SRHacks, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Students must be in grades 6, 7, or 8.
- Students must either reside or attend school within the Greater Toronto Area (i.e. Toronto, York, Halton, Durham, Peel).
- Students must register with their parents consent before the end of the competition (June 27th).
- Registration Opens: May 1st, 2021
- Opening Ceremony: Competition begins, topics released: June 6th, 2021
- Late Registration Deadline: June 30th, 2021 (8pm)
- Project Submission Deadline: June 20th, 2021 (8pm)
- Announcement of Top 5 finalists: June 27th, 2021
- SRHackoff: July 3rd, 2021 (1-4pm)
- Innovation Speaker Series 1: June 6th, 2021 (10:30am-12:30pm)
- Workshop 1: Introduction to Microsoft MakeCode Programming – June 12th, 2021 (12-1pm)
- Workshop 2: Introduction to Engineering Design – June 12th, 2021 (1-2pm)
- Workshop 3: DIY Hydraulic machines – June 13th, 2021. (1-2pm)
- Innovation Speaker Series 2: June 27th, 2021 (TBD)
- Office Hours: (June 9th 6-7pm; June 13th 2-4pm; June 16th 6-7pm; June 20th, 2-4pm)