Science Rendezvous Science Pitch Competition (S.R.S.P.C.)
The S.R. Science Pitch Competition is the first ever science thesis competition hosted by Science Rendezvous at the University of Toronto – St. George. There are 10 spots available and participants will be selected on a first come, first serve basis. This competition is open to research-stream and professional graduate students in science-related fields at the master’s or doctoral level.
The main goal of the Science Pitch Competition is to provide graduate students with the opportunity to present their current research using only a single PowerPoint slide in an engaging and accessible three-minute pitch to the general public and the judges. Participants must be available on May 11, 2019 from 2:30pm to 4:00pm.
- Students must be currently registered in a graduate program at the time of Science Pitch and must have made some progress on their research project.
- Students who have completed their degree, but have not yet convocated are eligible to participate.
- The research project presented must be primary research conducted by the individual.
- Competitors must be present in person during the competition and must sign a media disclosure form.
- Since space is limited, participants must commit to being available on May 11, 2019 from 2:30pm to 4:00pm.
- Each participant will be timed for exactly three minutes. Exceeding the time limit can lead to disqualification.
- One static PowerPoint slide is allowed (no animations, transitions or changes are allowed during the presentation). The slide will be present throughout the entire three minutes.
- No additional props (eg. costumes, visuals) or electronic media (eg. music, sounds) are permitted.
- Presentations are to be verbally presented in standard oratory prose. (eg. no singing).
- Timer starts once participants begin to speak.
2:30 pm to 4:00 pm
Myhal Centre Atrium (55 St. George St), University of Toronto – St. George Campus
- Register in Science Pitch by Friday April 26, 2019
- Create your presentation slide for your research topic!
- Present your research topic and slide in a 3 minute presentation to a judge panel & audience!
Graduate Applicants: https://bit.ly/2VK71GI
SR Science Pitch Guidelines 2019: https://bit.ly/2X0Xo6W
If you have any other questions, please contact our Science Fair Executives. Their information can be found at our Contact Us.